SOS- Its a Block. I am Blocked

 My internal red light has been blinking at me for a while and I found excuses for it. Right now, its on- permanently. And it hit me, that I need to seek help.
I am blocked. Aaah, I even read about this whole Writer's block phenomenon.
Writer's block is a condition, primarily associated with writing as a profession, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work. The condition varies widely in intensity. It can be trivial, a temporary difficulty in dealing with the task at hand.
Source: Wikipedia

I have created many drafts since November 25 2013 but never got round to publishing any of them. I promised a friend an article that would have ended up in one of the dailies... The Weekend edition of a leading local Daily. And I meant well. I identified my topic, and did some research, but never got round to even starting that piece.. Oh My Freaking Goodness!

Now, here and now, right now, this very minute(#eyeroll- We get it), right this very moment, I will overcome this blockage.
Gotta overcome it. Been giving myself all sorts of excuses- Oh, am too busy; or, My bundle will get finished and I could miss an "important" Whats-app message, and on and on.

Well,  I went through a phase back there. I lost someone very close to me, and I didn't have the chance to mourn them or say goodbye to them properly. I felt like a failure. and oh yeah, I lost two friendships- hmm!

Before that, I was too busy making friends with a certain someone who was intent on conquering Mauryn-
didn't know I was that important a force.

Am not promising because promises are broken every minute. But I will try my very best to write that piece for my Newspaper friend. And Aino, yes, I will earn that 20shs a word. I will earn it, need an extra check this holiday.

Let me tap Publish before another draft gets saved. Typos and all. The next piece will be better.

Phew!! Next amma read through the "how to work through and over come this Writer's Block thing" I need to find me again. I need to live again, Fall in love with print again.

I need to. I have to.
Catch you later.

Mauryn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imagine that!

I never used to be

Maybe I deserve