Sleep Sleep Go away

Ever been somewhere and all you can think about is Sleep? Good old, mind consuming, snore (and others) inducing sleep? Well, happened to me today.

Normally, afternoons are not exactly my most productive parts of my day but they are most alert times of the day (Something sounds grammatically wrong with this line).. But yeah, by 14:00 hours am as alert as a mother hen who has sensed a kite flying around her little ones. However, today was just wrong. Nothing worked out the way it usually does- So, I slept. I sleep talked, sleep thought, sleep went to the bathroom and everything sleep.

This is how it started out. A boss chose today to be the day he lays off one of his employees! Today of all days. Okay, that was my problem but there was nothing I could do about it. So, powerless as I was, I chose to go find food.
Yes, I stress eat. With every morsel of food down my throat, I kind of forget about the issue at hand. Be it a heartbreak, job loss, sick child- or someone taking me for granted... I eat it all away. Do I love my food or do I love my food.

So, off to food hunting I went. Found an eatery that didn't look so bad and ate all I could eat for Uganda Shillings Three Thousand. Approximately one dollar and a few cents! Cleared my plate and if time could have indulged me, I might have gone for a second plate. Yes, things are that bad. Maybe, it's more than a friend losing their job, maybe deep down there is something else eating me up. I know there is something else eating me up beyond today's occurrence. But I hope a few more pounds from today, I will have walked away from whatever is bothering me.

After that meal, I made my way humbly and very quietly back to my workstation. And then All sleep hell broke loose!! Aiya!! Tried watching a Jack Bauer episode but wa!!! Walked out of the office room, sat somewhere at the veranda and not even the sounds of a random village woman thumping a little child could keep me awake. In fact, I thought I was dreaming the sounds!! Woman kept telling the young girl she would beat them while she was actually beating her up. In my sleep, I could feel the punches like as if they were on me. But still I slept!

Walked back to my work desk and still slept. Tried out Social media-eh!!!

So, here I am. Telling you about my sleepy afternoon. With twenty seven minutes to head home, i still want to sleep.

Sleep sleep go away, come again in few hours- When the whole world has gone to sleep.

Cheers my friends.

Sleepy Mo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imagine that!

Maybe I deserve

I never used to be