Things Changed Mama~Catchup

Dear Mama, it's rather awkward opening this letter to you. See, I would like to say "I hope you are doing well" but then that does not sound right at all. It's been many years now. However, I will tell you that I am okay.

Last evening I passed by what used to be your work place. I remember the day you took me to have my tooth extracted then you bought me Schweppes- just like it happened yesterday. That was the only day I came by your workplace. Well, the building is still standing but Coffee Marketing Board is no longer in existence. We have been running after your retirement benefits for a long time now but there seems to be nothing coming through. However, still we push on.

Meanwhile, since you've been gone, so much has changed. If you were to come back right now, believe me you'd need a tour guide and strength to read through so many manuals.

Not so long ago, a man murdered his girlfriend in cold blood. Imagine this, she was in a 1.5m by 1.5m or thereabouts sized bathroom and he thought she was an intruder. So, first thing, before calling Police or screaming for the neighbors, he picked up his gun, wore his legs and fired four bullets through the door!! FOUR BULLETS!! Wasn't that a bit too much? However, a female judge failed to find him guilty of murder! Imagine that. He got a way with a simple massage on the wrists... Verdict was- not guilty of murder on all counts. Guilty of culpable homicide.

I was quite too anguished to ask #Google what culpable homicide was. so, I let it at that. The Law that delivered that verdict was kind of saying that it is okay for one to kill another and get away with it.

Now, I know I got away with a few things where you were concerned. You left when I was only but a child but a few memories are still loud inside my head. I remember the one room we shared a year before we separated. As of 2013, it was still standing by the way. I remember you favoring me when it came to time for meting out punishments. I remember quite some.

When you left, I was angry at you for leaving me. Seeing as we had un-finished business. I had so many questions to ask. So many questions about growing up. About my paternal heritage- the answers everyone else gave me were not satisfactory so, I still had questions to ask.

Years on, my stand has changed. I can actually hear many of the answers to the questions I wanted to ask. Life is giving me answers. I look back at our short-lived time together and I wish I could say sorry. Wish we could have tea sometime.

Meanwhile, you would be proud of your grand children. Believe you me you would. Currently, there is a whole six of them!! Six Grandchildren. Two smart little boys and Four lovely Young Girls.

Alright Mama, a small gadget called a Mobile phone was introduced. I hadn't heard of it by the time you left, and am sure if it were there, you could have had it. This mobile phone keeps evolving and recently evolved into something called #IPhone6. Ha!!! The cost alone makes me draw up a shopping list that would send my little ones to kid heaven and back time and again.
I will not say I want to afford it. No, I will not work towards buying an Iphone, but will wish the holders of it well.
I however wonder if when 'Flight mode' of #Iphone6 is activated the owner can actually get on a plane to a location of their desire!! I wonder.

Also, TV is not as boring as it used to be. No, it was not boring back then but still fades in comparison to today's TV. You know, when am unhappy- read going through an emotional phase (read that estrogen phase before the messes).. and I don't want to take it out on my loved ones- I watch TV. For this month's phase, I watched Jack Bauer. He's always a tough cookie but the last scenes of the final episode of Live another Day, made me cry. Now, I had never had an emotional breakdown while watching Jack but this time round I did.


It must be the hormonal overload doing that to me. So, when 24, Live another day was done, and the emotions were still raging, I made a phone call. One I believe I will regret for a long time.

Will tell you about how the Relationships landscape has changed since you have been gone. That will be for later. As of now, I have another phone call  I want to make. Will also tell you about that one next time.




Till then Mama,

Mauryn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imagine that!

Maybe I deserve

I never used to be