Shea Butter and Memories~Grateful

Timecheck: 04:06hrs. Even the frogs are quiet. An occasional vehicle sound is heard every few minutes-no hoots just a moving vehicle. I've been awake for an hour or so yet I slept slightly after midnight. Eh! This should not turn into a habit! No, it shouldn't.
Today is day 2 of 21 days of Me. But it's not over yet and I therefore don't want to talk about it~that would be premature.

Last evening however, I got home to a house full of needs and aches, it hurt.
Meet Didi, my 24 year old Autistic Cousin. His is a severe case of Autism we actually have to give him his bath and most times it takes him 2 hours or more to walk from the Dining table to the bathroom which is about 10 (ten) baby steps away. He is Special to me. Very special.
So, I came home to find Didi sweating 3 steps away from the bathroom door and my househelp seemed overwhelmed. I had to take over but not before she told me the water guys had been here and there was no water running from the taps anymore!! God! I'd payed my bills just earlier that morning! In my stupor, i walked to a light switch and flipped it just to be sure it was not a candle providing light! Well, called the water people and was assured it was a general supply problem which would be resolved by day break. Okay.

Back to cajoling Didi into getting into the bathroom.
Meet Micah, he is currently the Youngest Youngling in the house. When I left in the morning, he was a bit warm. When I came back, there was a mini box full of little medicine bottles! Arrrrrrgh! So, here I am asking Didi to make a step, checking out medicines, asking about dosages administered, hearing about the events at school from the two girls that you have not yet met, dying to pee and needing to rush to Micah's bed...oh! "have tommorrow's uniforms been laid out yet?"
Eventually, everything fell in place. Everyone went to bed. All bathed and fed and their stories heard and medicines administered and my feet aching and I have not yet Pee'd!!!!! Wait, I thought it would be all about working on paying the bills! Now, I even have to hold off going to the loo for hours on end! Eh! #sigh

Fast forward to a quiet house and my bathroom. Yes! Bathroom. If I could, I would stay in my bathroom longer. There is a fragrance that sends me to a time that saw me fall in love with Shea Butter. There was this one time I went visiting and my host had a whole array of Forever Sunshine bathroom things. I fell in love with the Shea Butter. I swear it was love at first inhale. I remember my host coming to check on me every so often because I was not leaving the bathroom! Ah! That whole visit was magical just! I look back at it and wish we could do it over and over again!
The whole night and next day was bliss personified.
I want to find this in Kampala

So, when I came back home from my blissful visit, I set out on finding those products but couldn't find them anywhere. (meanwhile, if you know where I can find Forever Sunshine products in Kampala, please let me know).
Well, I opted for something close and affordable- Baby Ballet~Shea Butter. Last night, I pulled out my last tablet of it (need to re-stock) and boy did I love my bathroom time of what!
So, here I am, my alarm clock is set to go off in a few minutes, am starting to feel sleepy but I know that if I did that, then the whole morning would be ruined. Do not want to rush through it and I promised myself to have breakfast today. I refuse to go through another day on just half a biscuit and two hard boiled sweets! That I refuse.
Today, there is another meeting at my place of work. #Sigh
There is that call to the Grand Mothers, have to read up on some materials regarding adoption...
They are awake!!! Even before the alarm clock goes off!!! Oh boy!

Good morning.

Dear God, hold my hand today. Today is the day You have made. Let me rejoice and be glad in it.Give me the grace to accept the Things I can not change.
Thank you Father for your never ending mercies that are new to me Every morning. Lord, Reach Your Mighty healing Hand to everyone who has a pain/ache and/or disease. Father, heal the broken hearts as only You know how. Be the solace for the homeless, be the comfort for the hopeless. Give us Grace to accept your Grace.
Lord, May your will be done today.In Jesus' Name I pray,
Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imagine that!

Maybe I deserve

I never used to be