Shoot me down-but I won't fall

Jajja Star.
All your Ls, Rs, And every other letter that was not in place is now in place.
No more, am going to 'sheep'
Its a clear Sleep.
No more aunt Baliye
Its now Babirye.

I didnt see this coming, I didnt even see you change. Its like it happened over night.
Yet it didn't. You kept trying so hard to sound like me. Correct your words.

And now, your sister is also doing the same. She's just 2 years and looks like the 'sheep' age wont last long.
She's already saying sshleep.

You my lovely daughter. Are just that. Lovely.
Resilient. 
Just last night, out of the blue, you told me you wanted to stay with Mummy.
That.. 'I want to stay with Mummy' broke my heart to pieces. In a very nice way.

There is no battle for whomever you stay with. We just want you to be happy.
We want you to feel all the love we can give.
Mummy loves you, Daddy loves you.

Please don't choose between us. Please don't choose.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imagine that!

I never used to be

Maybe I deserve