Unexpected happenings

When I woke up this morning, I was sure it would be a perfect day.
I knew beyond reasonable human doubt, that as long as the sun held high up there
My heart would be smiling.
I felt it in my heart, that all my loved ones would have a perfect day.

But, I forgot one thing, I disrespected a superior power.
These things are not mine to predict, they are not mine to decide.

Some of my loved ones are in mourning. A workmate lost his sister.
Now, that's not what I was looking forward to.
I'd replayed in my mind conversations, soft teasing banter for the 10 hours I'd be sharing
with my workmates.

None of the conversations I'd set up included funeral arrangements, travel arrangements
or TEARS.
Yet there has been tears in this office room this morning.
Tears brought on by the loss of a loved one.

Once again am humbled into submission.
I can only celebrate that which i have seen.
And only openly anticipate the rest, but not count on the rest which am yet to see.

This Does not mean, I'll stop thanking the Lord God for all the good/great things He's done in my future already.
I know He's done them because I asked. and when I ask He Does. Because He's God.
Knew me before, knows me now, AND KNOWS ME IN FUTURE. How awesomer can it get.

I thank You Lord for the time Rawllings' sister had with her family and loved ones.
Thank you for all the smiles she put on everyone's face.
Thank you for the positivity she contributed to my Country.
Thank you for the Children she brought forth to this earth.
Thank you Lord for granting her your peace.

Thank you Jesus for this day.
It is the day that you have made, I am rejoicing and am glad in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imagine that!

I never used to be

Maybe I deserve