Coming back home. Back to the village

Its been oft said ... "east west, home is best"
I left home some time back for a better life. Or what i thought would be a better life. The lure of the bright night lights, fast moving cars, 'smartly' dressed girls and boys was too strong to resist.
And I fell victim to my youthful desires.

The food's all fried. Believe me, even a cup of tea is somehow fried.
So, I lived in the city for but a while but it seems and feels like I was there for eternity.

I will take you through some of the highs and lows of that place as our time together passes.

However, am back home. I missed home. I missed these village paths- well beaten village paths.
I missed the trip to the well.  I missed the love around here, Imagine this; The neighbor's dog remembered me. She was all over me the moment I got close to their compound. Tail wagging and I could feel the love. She missed me, and I missed her.

When all is said and done. I am glad to be back home. My permanent stay here may not be guaranteed, somehow, Town Life grows on you. I might have to go back to that loud noisy filthy fried place.

However, not a minute goes by without me reminiscing the trips up those fruit (wild and all) trees. I mean the sheer joy of biting into a mango while you are still up there in the branches is unequaled. In the town area, you have to wash the damn thing before you eat it.

Can you imagine we buy jambula.. and its a rare commodity in that city.

I am looking forward to 'hanging out' with my Villagers.

For the time am spending here, I plan on re-living every memory I have of my birthplace- yes, right down to skinny dipping at that well.. (hope it exists).

I have a noticed a few changes however, there is more people, more housing structures.
I hope my play grounds are still n-touched. I turned another year just the other day and growing up is quite scary,
So, even if it will be just this once, I'd like to relive my childhood. Just one more time.

Am happy to be home.
I love you home

and Am proud to be called


Village Girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imagine that!

I never used to be

Maybe I deserve