goodbye my friend


(Tone: loving, closely holding your hands and looking into your eyes)Am one woman who treasures relationships, reason, coz the power of love is one strong force amongst many that keeps my world spinning. Anyway, I always insist that a river can’t rise beyond its source just like we can’t change our past. Life is hard, and only the resilient ones survive. Precisely, that’s why am writing you this note, after a well thought out recap of our lives.
(Takes an exasperated breath, then winks passionately)The sky is blue, looks so spectacular. The birds are so free; gracefully doing what they do best while am seated underneath planning my next move. Something tickles my toe, and the image of your smile, somewhat prepared to draw closer and give a deep breathtaking kiss, flashes along my memory line. I think of you, your daily encounters, and for sure there are countless things we took for granted.
(Looking and sounding serious, as if engrossed in deep thought)


Did you ever ask yourself, “Why stay with her, a not so good looking, not so smart gal, what with all these stable ladies constantly coming your way?” Is the reason justifiable, excusable or inexistent? They say you can’t make your cake and eat it too, how right they are is quite subjective. Sometimes I guess stoicism should have prevailed, but at least not in our lives.
(Relaxed, warm and in total serenity)


Its simple, time is on when we learn to appreciate each other in a special way. We’ve been saved a lot of agony, watch them when their dream angels rip their hearts apart like a knife slicing maliciously through an animal in the jungle and you’ll realize it. And what do we have to show for that bit of luck, or should I say choice? Lover, you’ve taught me a lot, helped me uncover some of my hidden abilities, and that I always wanted you to find satisfaction and happiness still stands as a priority in my life. And what better way would I show my sincere gratitude than to say thank you and promise to always keep your memory alive in my heart? Don’t invest in any miracles, wished you’d bring a marriage proposal and I’d have played hard to get for just but seconds. I felt like saying “I do” the moment I saw you, just to know that I’d be with you against all odds, have our kids, feel your body entwined with mine, you know, being one and taking our lives at our own pace.
(In a reminiscent mood) Guard jealously that bit of you for that special person you’ve always cherished all your life. I know I have lost you, But let me hope she’ll make you happy for ever and she’ll love you from day one. Lover, you are something between a miracle and a dream to me, and as long as I live, keep that package just as it is. I love you because you are you.


Good bye, I’ll miss you.


From me, the woman who would have walked the world for you.




Always,


Mauryn.

Comments

  1. This Journey hasn't been an easy one. Hmmm! I have matured!! Though I still see this young doe eyed lovestruck girl in me still. True she pops up here and there, but for the most of it- she's gone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Imagine that!

I never used to be

Maybe I deserve